Monday, June 1, 2015

36 days!

Today was the day of the Ivy League Connection Orientation, the last big group event before we start taking off for our schools. My mom and I arrived at Pinole Middle School with plenty of extra time, since we had allowed a lot of time for traffic. I was ready to learn more about the details of our trip and see all the other ILCers; I really appreciate events that include all the students in the Ivy League Connection.

The Orientation was a lot like the tutorial. We covered the basics of what to pack, what to expect, and more details about our trips. I was excited to finally get an itinerary! Our schedule is busy with site visits, and our chaperone also mentioned that dinners with the admissions officers to the schools we're visiting are also being arranged. I'm looking forward to these because I believe they'll be one of the most insightful parts of my ILC experience in terms of the college application process.

The Chicago Cohort Meeting
The Orientation went by relatively quickly; we managed to finish with sunlight left in the day. I got a lot of questions answered during our specific cohort sessions, and it was also useful to review the packing list and get a peek at various loaner items. I enjoy packing because it always raises my excitement about a trip, and since we leave in 36 days, I think it's time for me to open my suitcase and start filling it up! Our adventure at University of Chicago is approaching fast, and I can confidently say that I feel prepared and extremely eager to see what it has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment