Saturday, August 1, 2015

Excellent Ending

I woke up at 6:30 this morning knowing I had to give myself some time to pack, before we met with Ms. Scott at 7:30. I was way too tired to tired to pack, so I just tried throwing everything into my suitcase without folding it our arranging it. It did not work. I had to dig everything back out and actually fold my clothes and place them nicely in  my suitcase. I made sure to empty out all my drawers and search the whole room for anything leftover. I feel like I forgot something, but I will never know until I unpack later. I didn't have time to eat breakfast in the dining hall, so hopefully I'll have time to eat at the airport. I saw Ms.Scott standing outside a taxi waiting for everyone and then we were off.

I never liked all the hassle that comes with an airport. We have to check in our bags, get our tags, go through security, find our gate, wait for boarding, where we then have to sit in a giant metal tube going 600 mph, 12,000 feet above ground. Before we boarded I knew I wanted to bring some kind of food home to my family. Deep dish pizza was the ideal choice but, all the pizza places at the airport didn't look very appealing. I hear Chicago has their own special popcorn mix with caramel and cheese popcorn, so that would have to do. After getting my jumbo bag of popcorn, we boarded the plane.

The flight wasn't too bad. I got the window seat and there was a complimentary movie and TV show during the flight. I was able to sleep during the majority of the flight, so that was nice. We landed in SFO at around 12:30 and was able to sail right through traffic on our way to El Cerrito High School. We arrived surprisingly quickly, even before Don. Don came and we took a few post-trip photos and that was that. My mom and dad came to pick me up and I was on my way home. Right now I am pretty jet lagged and still adapting to the time zone. Now to start my summer assignments before school starts. My long summer of work is not over yet.
We're Back

No comments:

Post a Comment