Monday, August 3, 2015

The Best Summer

Going into the ILC trip I was super excited yet nervous. I didn't know what to expect since this was my first time going away from my family and out of bay area.

This trip was literally eye opening. I got to see so many more colleges and places out of bay area which I wouldn't had known about if it wasn't for this program. I had the opportunity to experience the dorm life. I was able to meet some of the most amazing people. I got be incharge of myself and had to do everything on my own. There was nobody telling me to get my work done or to do my laundry. I had to learn how to manage my time and to do be more responsible for myself. I even surprised myself with how I was able to manage myself.

One of the biggest things that I am thankful for the ILC is being able to go to the college tours. I am going intto my senior year and I had no idea on what to do with my college applications, I am still pretty lost but I feel in better shape now. By doing the college tours and meeting the admission officers and listening to how they are there to help, the idea of going to college didn't seem as daunting anymore. Overall this trip was amazing. I got have so many fun and informative experiences. I got to step out of my little bubble and explore the world outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment