Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Dinner

So, today was the Chicago dinner. I was very anxious and excited to go to the dinner. We all met up and took BART to One Market. I was not prepared for the chilly weather. I got to meet my chaperone, Alana Scott. She was super nice and friendly. I already like her.

We arrived a bit early so we got to wander around San Francsico for a while. The night started out with us just talking to and getting to know the alums and sponsers. I got a bit more insight on what to expect in UChicago, since I got to talk to a former RA, Katie Waddle. Then it was time to eat.

Katie, Elspeth, Alana and my mother
I got to talk a lot with Elspeth Michaels, who is an Alumni of UChicago. It was really nice to chat with her. She was really friendly and offered me some good advice. Also the food was pretty good, I was craving an ice cream earlier and we got Ice-cream at dinner so that made me really happy. After long sessions of talking and eating it was time to say our goodbyes. 

By the time we had to leave it was super cold outside but thankfully the BART station was warm. Overall I had fun. I got an oppurtunity a learn a lot more about how the University of Chicago was going to be like, some good places to visit and good college advice.

1 comment:

  1. Aisha,

    It was nice meeting you at the dinner. I agree that Elspeth was very helpful and informative with regards to her experience at UChicago.

    ReplyDelete