Monday, July 27, 2015

103 Stories Up

Just smile through the fear
This morning I woke up and went to breakfast but there was nothing good to eat. I walked to class with my friends. During class we had a lecture and discussed our previous lab results. After lunch we had a fun lab. The students in Biotech joined us for the lab. We walked all around the room and when the teacher said stop, we had to shake hands with the person closest to us. We all had gloves on and had a liquid that if you put it under a UV light, it would glow. The purpose of this lab was to see how easily diseases are spread. 

After class my friends and I went to the famous Willis Tower skydeck. When we got there the line was so long. I initially thought that the elevator was made of glass and was absolutely terrified. When I learned that the deck was the only thing that was glass I was put at ease a little bit. When we got to the 103rd floor, I was in awe. The view was spectacular. I could see everything, the lake, millenium park,  cars and kayakers. 

When I walked on the glass deck the first time I made Alexis hold my hand.  The second time I had gained a little bit more confidence and sat down on the glass to take a picture. I am so glad that I went, even though I am afraid of heights. Today was a satisfying day but unfortunately I have a final project and a lab due so I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment